Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Parks and Recreation Director- Town of Pearisburg
The Town of Pearisburg is seeking applicants for a Full-Time Parks and Recreation Director. The Parks and Recreation Director is primarily responsible for the development, management, and operations of the Town’s parks and recreational programs and facilities.
General responsibilities include:
1. Administering a recreation program designed to benefit all residents.
2. Organizing sports leagues and programs.
3. Supervising the operation of aquatic facilities and programs.
4. Planning, formatting, and implementing short- and long-term goals for park and recreational activities.
5. Establishing and implementing operating policies and procedures.
6. Assisting with preparation of the operating budget and development of capital improvement requests.
7. Serving as staff liaison with the Parks and Recreation Advisory Council and as staff for the Town Council Property and Recreation Committee.
8. Supervising the repair and maintenance of recreation/park areas, equipment, and facilities.
9. Promoting and ensuring proper employee training and compliance with safety procedures; ensure all equipment, materials, and work conditions are adequately maintained to prevent accidents.
10. Developing new programs, including sports, aquatic, non-traditional recreation, and aquatic.
This position requires extensive knowledge of administrative practices related to parks and recreation, ability to analyze operational problems and make improvements, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and the ability to establish working relationships with department heads and community groups.
This position includes a comprehensive employee benefits package and salary range of $32,814 to $39,323 commensurate with experience and education.
Applications may be obtained on the Town of Pearisburg website www.pearisburg.org or picked up in person Monday through Friday during the hours of 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building located at 112 Tazewell Street, Pearisburg, Virginia. A full job description may be found on the Town of Pearisburg website. For further information please contact the Town office at (540) 921-0340 option 2. The Town of Pearisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position is open until filled with first-round consideration to begin on January 8, 2021 after 4:00 p.m.